Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How I Done It

I got the example code compiling properly and I can move on. In order to get here, I had to:

#1. Add the paths to DirectX's Include and Library directories to the solution's property sheet

#2. Change the name of the file "dxerr9.h" to "dxErr.h" because "dxerr9.h" has been deprecated since the time the book came out

#3. Change this:

for( DWORD i=0; i<m_dwNumBuffers; i++ )

to this:

DWORD i;
for( i=0; i<m_dwNumBuffers; i++ )

#4. Make a copy of "dxErr.h" in the same directory and rename the copy back to "dxerr9.h", because apparently it needs both versions? OK, sure.

This kind of mess is starting to not surprise me anymore, I wonder if that's a good or a bad thing. Also I shudder to imagine what this would have been like in the days before you could Google for any conceivable output error.

No comments:

Post a Comment